- 2021 Virtual Tail Chaser Challenge
- This event has passed.
March 1 - March 27
Join the Roanoke Valley SPCA for a tail wagging good time at the Virtual Tail Chaser Challenge March 1 – March 27, 2021! Put your paws to the pavement and run, walk or bike for their lives at your own pace, in your neighborhood or out on a trail! The only Challenge in the Valley where you AND your pup can participate!
Choose your distance:
- Walk or run 5k (3.1 miles), 10k (6.2 miles), half marathon (13.1 miles) or a full marathon (26.2 miles)
- Bike 25, 50 or 100 miles
Registration opens on January 1, 2021 – click here to register.
This is a 4 Week Challenge!
You can set your goal and decide how you will complete your miles, our virtual challenge website totals up the distance you enter and tracks your progress for you.
This challenge is simple:
1. Choose your activity, distance, when you want to do it, from wherever you are (run, walk, or bike).
2. Connect and track your progress on our challenge page.
3. Join us at the “finish line” on Saturday, March 27, 2021 at Big Lick Brewery from 1:00PM – 5:00PM to get your medal and t-shirt!*
Registration fees are as follows:
- $35 per person, which includes finisher medal and race t-shirt*
- $25 per dog, which includes dog finisher medal**
Challenge Swag Pickup will be held on Friday, March 26 from 1:00PM and 6:00PM at the Roanoke Valley SPCA – this will be a drive-through pickup, and registered participants will receive their Challenge shirt, finisher medal, and goodie bag
*Finisher medals will be available for the first 300 registered participants. T-shirts will be guaranteed to the participants that register by March 5th, 2020. After March 5th, t-shirts will be given on a first come first served basis at Swag Pick-up.
**Dog finisher medals will be available for the first 100 registered dogs only
For more information, contact Suzanne Cresswell at email@example.com.
Thank you to this year’s Tail Chaser Challenge Sponsors:
Presenting Sponsor: VCA Valley Animal Hospital
Registration Sponsor: The Sophia and Chloe Fund
Finish Line Sponsor: Invisible Fence
Goodie Bag Sponsors: Purina, Servpro, Glenda Morris Gives & Alcova Mortgage
Challenge Sponsors: Fleet Feet, Run Roanoke