- 2021 Virtual Tail Chaser Challenge
March 1 - March 27
Join the Roanoke Valley SPCA for a tail wagging good time at the Virtual Tail Chaser Challenge March 1 – March 27, 2021! Put your paws to the pavement and run, walk or bike for their lives at your own pace, in your neighborhood or out on a trail! The only Challenge in the Valley where you AND your pup can participate!
Choose your distance:
- Walk or run 5k (3.1 miles), 10k (6.2 miles), half marathon (13.1 miles) or a full marathon (26.2 miles)
- Bike 25, 50 or 100 miles
Registration opens on January 1, 2021 – click here to register.
This is a 4 Week Challenge!
You can set your goal to finishs you cover your miles, our virtual challenge website totals up the distance you enter and tracks your progress for you.
This challenge is simple:
1. Choose your activity, distance, when you want to do it, from wherever you are (run, walk, or bike).
2. Connect and track your progress on our challenge page.
3. Join us at the “finish line” on Saturday, March 27, 2021 to get your medal and t-shirt!*
Registration fees are as follows:
- $35 per person, which includes finisher medal and race t-shirt*
- $25 per dog, which includes dog finisher medal**
You can pick up your challenge swag bag on Friday, March 26 between 10:00AM and 7:00PM at the Roanoke Valley SPCA – we have made this an all-day event in an effort to make pickup convenient and safe for everyone. We will have a tent set up in the parking lot, and registered runners can drive up to receive their packet!
*Finisher medals will be available for the first 300 registered participants. T-shirts will be guaranteed to the participants that register by March 5th, 2020. After March 5th, t-shirts will be given on a first come first served basis at Swag Pick-up.
**Dog finisher medals will be available for the first 100 registered dogs only
For more information, contact Suzanne Cresswell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to this year’s Tail Chaser Challenge Sponsors: VCA Valley Animal Hospital and Fleet Feet