On Wednesday, March 10th, you can support the lifesaving work of the Roanoke Valley SPCA through Roanoke Valley Gives. Here’s some more information about the Day of Giving, and how you can help spread the word!
What is Roanoke Valley Gives?
Roanoke Valley Gives is an initiative of the Community Foundation Serving Western Virginia. The goal is to raise funding for participating Roanoke Valley nonprofits in a 24-hour period while bringing attention to the work and worth of each organization.
Be sure to Like and Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RVSPCA
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rvspca/
How Can You Help?
- Become a Fundraiser – you can go to www.rvgives.org/organizations/roanoke-valley-spca and click on “Fundraise” to create a profile.You can then update your personal profile with your individual goal, story, and photos. You will have an individual fundraising page that you can share with your contacts.
- Spread the word! Tell your friends, family, colleagues and social media followers how they can support the Roanoke Valley SPCA through Roanoke Valley Gives! Encourage them to give through your personal fundraising page.
- Like, Comment and SHARE our Facebook and Instagram posts.
- Change your profile picture to the Roanoke Valley Gives badge.
- GIVE! Donations start at $10, so Roanoke Valley Gives opens the door for nearly everyone in the community to give back!
How Do You Give?
Beginning at 12:00 a.m. on Wednesday, March 10th, visit https://www.rvgives.org/.
- Search for the Roanoke Valley SPCA.
- Click the Donate Now button.
- Enter your credit card information to complete your donation of $10 or more. There is no maximum donation amount.
- Click on the Facebook or Twitter icon to share that you have made a donation to the Roanoke Valley SPCA!
The portal closes at 11:59pm, all gifts made after this time will not count towards our total.
Don’t Forget to Tell Your Friends!
To share your fundraising page with others you can either use your unique link or you can post your social network message using the Facebook and Twitter icons on your fundraising page. We will also send out some images that you can use on Facebook and Instagram!
Thank you in advance for your continued support of the Roanoke Valley SPCA. Your willingness to advocate, fundraise, and donate enables us to continue the important work we offer as a community resource that provides pet adoption, retention, and education services in Virginia’s Blue Ridge. Be on the lookout for social media posts, newsletters, and emails regarding Roanoke Valley Gives Day!