The Roanoke Valley SPCA is a community resource that provides pet adoption, retention, and education services in Virginia’s Blue Ridge.
We believe people will make good decisions for animals when they are treated with kindness and understanding, and when they have enough information and resources. These shared values are the foundation on which we build the work of our organizations.
• We are compassionate and dedicated to the humane and ethical treatment of all beings. We act with empathy and understanding.
• We are committed, with an unwavering focus, to effecting change for the betterment of animals.
• We are inclusive. We strive to create a community of animal welfare advocates.
• We act with integrity and maintain the highest levels of animal care. We are transparent and professional and offer extraordinary customer service.
• We are progressive and forward-thinking. We are leaders in the advancement of animal welfare.
• We believe that pets and people belong together; that financial circumstances alone are not reliable indicators of the capacity to love and care for a companion animal.
To have a community where animal welfare is valued and demonstrated leading to positive outcomes for animals and people.