Just last year in 2017, the Roanoke Valley SPCA’s PET (Pets Eat Too) program provided about 4,874 pet meals to help feed the hungry companion animals of homebound seniors receiving Meals on Wheels, hospice patients, and those experiencing a financial downturn.
Pet food is distributed at food pantries operated by:
- Bethel Baptist Church
- Feeding America Southwest Virginia
- Rescue Mission
- Lake Christian Ministries
- Botetourt County
The need for donated pet food has grown dramatically over the past years and we anticipate providing more than 80,000 pounds of food this year. The PET Program helps to keep pets and people united in our community. No one should have to choose between feeding their beloved family member or relinquishing their pet to the pound.
You can help us to continue filling the need.
- Organize a food drive in your place of business.
- Encourage your club, organization, church group, etc. to hold a food drive.
- Purchase an extra bag of dry dog or cat food and drop it in collection boxes placed at the Kroger in Vinton, Black Dog Salvage, or at the Roanoke Valley SPCA.
Call Amanda Lindsey at (540) 339-9512 to see how you can help us to help the pets in our community remain in their homes.